Board of Regents Approves University’s Strategic Plan, 2015-16 Budget
The EKU Board of Regents, meeting in regular session on June 22, approved a new Strategic Plan for the University.
The plan, entitled “Make No Little Plans: A Vision for 2020,” focuses on six strategic goals: academic excellence, commitment to student success, institutional distinction, financial stability, campus revitalization and service to communities and region. Each goal is supported by several strategic initiatives.
Matt Roan, co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee, said the plan is the “result of the collaborative efforts of many individuals. It represents shared governance at its finest.”
In other business, the Board:
- approved a 2015-16 budget of approximately $348 million, up a little less than 2 percent from the University’s 2014-15 budget of approximately $342 million.
- approved a new master’s degree program in Athletic Training, pending final approval by the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
- approved faculty emeritus status for Foundation Professors Dr. Hal Blythe and Dr. Charlie Sweet.
- heard a presentation by Bullhorn Creative, the Lexington firm engaged by the University to provide expert guidance in the development of a new brand strategy.
- heard a presentation by EKU Athletics. Director of the Athletics Steve Lochmueller, two coaches and several student-athletes addressed the Board.