PUBLIC HEALTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Influenza Information
Help protect yourself and those around you by following a few common-sense procedures. These simple steps can help arrest the spread of the flu virus, as well as the common cold.
• Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
• Wash your hands frequently.
• Stay home from work or school should you begin to experience flu-like symptoms such as: fever greater than 100.4F, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, also can occur but are more common in children than adults.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep and exercise, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy food. Limit alcohol intake and avoid second-hand smoke.
For more information, visit www.flu.gov or www.cdc.gov/flu.